The importance of predictive analytics is growing exponentially with many firms now developing sophisticated data systems and teams to inform legal strategies.
- What exactly is data analytics and artificial intelligence?
- Turning data into useful information to enable robust decision making
- Identifying legal trends to better understand outcomes of court cases and develop winning strategies
- The risks associated with the use of predictive analytics
Director of Forensic Data Analytics, Clayton Utz
When it comes to protecting sensitive client data there is no room for error. In this interactive panel, our leading experts will discuss how to safeguard your firm from cyber threats.
- The reality of being hacked – strategies to reduce your exposure to risk
- How to improve the security of your IT infrastructure
- Strategies for keeping client data secure and confidential
- Recent developments in privacy law and risk management for law firms
National Manager, Securexchange – powered by InfoTrack
Chief Legal and Commercial Officer, Transdev Australasia
Director, Information Legal
Partner and Global Lead – Cyber Security Initiative, King and Wood Mallesons
National Security and Risk Manager, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Design thinking is fast becoming the go-to approach for innovation, idea creation and implementation. This workshop will equip you with the tools to drive innovation, improve internal processes and develop client offerings.
- Identifying innovation roadblocks and ways to overcome them
- Understanding the needs of your clients and teams and what you are aiming to solve
- How to implement client-facing solutions that have bottom-line impact
- Embedding practical examples of design thinking within the firm
- Enhancing customer and team experience through design thinking
Associate Principal, Hive Legal
How do you lead rather than follow when it comes to legal tech innovation? In this session, you will hear examples of what worked, what didn’t and how failure can bring you closer to success. Vered will cover:
- Creating your legal tech roadmap
- Defining your value proposing – where do you play and how to win
- Data analytics to make decisions
- Technology implementation and artificial intelligence
Vice President and General Counsel, ResMed
How can chatbots save you time on repetitive tasks, diversify revenue streams and help you get ahead of your competitors? Legal bots are changing the way that clients access and firms deliver legal services. In this practical session, Rebecca and Tom will discuss:
- Overcoming the challenges of chatbot deployment within your firm
- The growth opportunities of easy-to-use automation technology
- Collating and analysing data to understand your clients’ needs and improve client experience
- How law can firms embrace chatbots in legal practice
Founder and COO, Josef
Special Counsel, Polaris Lawyers Australia
In this session, GlobalX CEO Peter Maloney will delve into the findings of the GlobalX + ALPMA industry report “Roadmap to Transformation” which focuses on key areas of practice management and reveals detailed insights on technology, innovation, strategy, cyber security, leadership and work-life balance. The research is part of GlobalX’s ongoing commitment to understand how firms are preparing to future proof their practices and sets a benchmark for firms in a time when the industry faces it’s biggest changes in history.
- Highlighting key considerations for firms and implement new strategies to start future proofing your business, including GlobalX’s own migration to Google Cloud
- The impact of future technologies on job security
- What areas of your practice could you see artificial intelligence and machine learning being effective?
- Investments in cyber security, staff training and culture change
In this session, lessons from the use of AI and automation will be presented to illustrate how legal technology can be applied to enable your firm to gain a competitive advantage:
- The pros and cons of the use of AI and legal technologies in legal service delivery
- Lessons from 3 case studies (automation, AI and collaboration platforms) applied to provide a framework for the application of technology in a legal practice
- Strategy plan and considerations to enable your firm to leverage technology and gain a competitive advantage
Founder, Quantum Law Group
Allens won the top technology accolade at the Australasian Law Awards this year. In this session, Anna Collyer will share insight into their award-winning strategies and programs which spanned across a variety of areas including due diligence, electronic contracting and social justice.
- Developing a solution to assist lawyers deliver comprehensive due diligence reports and mitigate future risk
- Building an electronic contracting platform to deliver innovative processes and technology solutions to solve client’s problems
- Transforming legal teams to support innovation and change
Head of Innovation and Partner, Allens
Although innovation is no longer a buzzword in the legal industry, many firms continue to be slow in their adoption of legal technology. Learn how your organisation can successfully transform in the digital age.
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of redesigning your delivery of legal services
- Strategies to enable the interoperability of legal tech solutions
- Tried and tested methods of effective change management
- How to optimise your internal legal functions
- Delivering better services to your clients
General Counsel and General Manager Corporate Affairs, Hesta
Chief Executive Officer, LegalVision
Chief Executive Officer, Coleman Greig Lawyers
Legal Business Partner – Enterprise, Telstra